Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a beautiful hill station located in the Western Ghats of Karnataka. It is a popular tourist destination known for its breathtaking scenic beauty, coffee, plantations, and rich cultural heritage. Here are some of the best places to visit in Coorg.
1. Abbey Falls- A picturesque waterfall located 1km from Madikeri town. It is surrounded by lush greenery and coffee plantations. The best time to visit is early winter.
2. Chiklihole Reservoir- A serene and scheduled spot located between Madikeri and Kushalnagar towns. It offers a refreshing atmosphere with its beautiful dam and lush surroundings.
3. Dubare Elephant Camp- A popular tourist spot where visitors can interact with elephants and learn about their lifestyle.
4. Namdroling Monastery- A beautiful Buddhist monastery located in Bylakuppe, near Kushalnagar town. It is home to over 5,000 monks and nuns.
5. Talacauvery- The birthplace of the river Cauvery, located on the Brahmagiri hills. It is a popular pilgrimage sites for Hindus.
6. Iruppu Falls- A beautiful waterfall located near Brahmagiri hills. It is surrounded by dense forests and is popular picnic spot.
7. Omkareshwara Temple- A beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, located in Madikeri town. It was built in the 19th century by King Lingarajendra II.
Overall, it is an amazing tourist destination and Coorg delicacies you must try when visiting there it’s there Pandi Curry which is the signature dish. There are more like Kadambuttu which is the most famous rice dumplings, they are buttery, delicious little balls of rice that melt in your mouth. This are just a few examples there are many more. Food gives you a better idea of a place than any guidebook. The Coorg cuisine dishes up a lot of information about the region.
To know more about travel and tourism and want us to plan your best travel experience with us call or WhatsApp at +91-9733533000 or you can visit https://www.marinetoalpine.com
Thanks for planning this wonderful trip, except for one glitch rest all were very good experience. Hotels were very nice but more than that I must say all the drivers you had provided to me were the best in their job and were very polite and humble. Once again I am thanking you for the trip , also I have shared your nos. With few of my friends , they might call u for package, please help them for the same. – Arun Iyer Posted on: 17-02-2021
I went to Bhutan for the first time, It was a good experience. Marine to Alpine staff was very good. – Angel Singh Posted on: 16-01-2020
We will consider Marine to Alpine next year again for our Sikkim and Darjeeling tour plan., it looks great. Your company really delivers what they promise, and more. we are satisfied with Bhutan trip – Shiromani Kukreti Posted on: 15-01-2020
We would like to thank "Marine to Alpine Pvt Ltd" team for arranging the best trip for us in Bhutan – Anju Pramanick Posted on: 23-10-2019