Kolkata, the capital city of West Bengal, is a city rich in history and culture. Founded as an East India Company trading post, it was formerly India’s capital under the British Raj from 1773-1911. Today it’s known for its grand colonial architecture, art galleries and cultural festivals. It is also a home to Mother Teresa’s tomb, British colonial architecture & art galleries. Kolkata is also known as a “City of Joy”.
Here you can find an amazing tourist attractions that are worth visiting for:
1. Victoria Memorial- A large marble building dedicated to the memory of Queen Victoria. It is now a museum and a popular tourist spot under the Ministry of Culture.
2. Fort William- A fort built in Kolkata on the eastern banks of the River Hooghly, the major distributary of Ganges. The magnificent structure is spread over 70.9 acres and is embellished with hundreds of arched windows that overlook lush green gardens.
3. Dakshineswar Kali Temple - Situated on the eastern banks of Hooghly River, this temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali and is one of the most revered places of worship in Kolkata.
4. Belur Math- Founded by Swami Vivekananda, this temple is situated on the west bank of Hooghly River and is prominent for its architecture that embraces Hindu, Christian and Islamic styles.
5. Howrah Bridge- A cantilever bridge over the Hooghly River in West Bengal, regarded as one of the busiest ones among them.
6. Indian Museum- An ancient museum that houses a collection of rare and precious antiques.
7. Eco park- An urban park that spans over 480 acres and offers a variety of activities such as boating, cycling, and bird- watching. Even there you will find the replicas of the 7wonders, it is a great spot for photography as well.
These are just a few examples there are many other worth visiting places in Kolkata. The city also hosts the biggest festival of Bengalis “Durga Pujo”. This festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm and the people over there wait for the whole year to celebrate this puja and pandal hoping. Not only this much there are more other reasons that you will love about Kolkata, which is their street foods with very affordable rate and there you can travel in a yellow taxi which is the specialty of this place and also make sure you make a budget for shopping from New Market, you will find it very affordable. Overall Kolkata being a beautiful place of joy is also a very budget friendly place to be.
To know more about travel and tourism and want us to plan your best travel experience with us call or WhatsApp at +91-9733533000 or you can visit https://www.marinetoalpine.com
Thanks for planning this wonderful trip, except for one glitch rest all were very good experience. Hotels were very nice but more than that I must say all the drivers you had provided to me were the best in their job and were very polite and humble. Once again I am thanking you for the trip , also I have shared your nos. With few of my friends , they might call u for package, please help them for the same. – Arun Iyer Posted on: 17-02-2021
I went to Bhutan for the first time, It was a good experience. Marine to Alpine staff was very good. – Angel Singh Posted on: 16-01-2020
We will consider Marine to Alpine next year again for our Sikkim and Darjeeling tour plan., it looks great. Your company really delivers what they promise, and more. we are satisfied with Bhutan trip – Shiromani Kukreti Posted on: 15-01-2020
We would like to thank "Marine to Alpine Pvt Ltd" team for arranging the best trip for us in Bhutan – Anju Pramanick Posted on: 23-10-2019