Asia is a home to some of the world’s most stunning temples, a traveler must visit these temples whether they are devout pilgrim or an avid traveler. Asia is a country steeped in history and diverse cultures.
So here are some of the most beautiful temples in Asia that you can visit for a spiritual stopover:
1. Angkor Wat, Cambodia: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is the largest religious monument in the world and is located at the heart of the ancient city of Angkor. It was built in the 12th century and combines intricate carvings, towering spires, and reflective pools. The sunrise over Angkor Wat is a must-see.
2. Tiger’s Nest Monastery (Paro Taktsang), Bhutan: This monastery is perched precariously on the edge of a cliff in the Himalayas and is a symbol of Bhutanese spirituality and resilience. The trek to reach this sacred site is a thrilling as the monastery itself. The stunning views and the mystical atmosphere make it a must-visit for seekers of serenity.
3. Shwedagon Pagoda, Myanmar: Located in Yangon, Myanmar, the Shwedagon Pagoda is a gleaming golden stupa that dominates the city’s skyline. Adorned with diamonds and rubies, this sacred site is a beacon of Buddhist spirituality. The pagoda’s golden glow during sunset is a sight to behold, which lingers in the memory of those who visit.
4. Meenakshi Amman Temple, India: Located in Madurai, The Meenakshi Amman temple is a masterpiece of Dravidian architecture. Dedicated to Goddess Meenakshi, the temple complex features towering gopurams (entrance towers) adorned with thousands of colorful sculptures. The intricate carvings and vibrant halls make it visual feast for visitors.
5. Wat Phra Kaew, Thailand: Situated within the Grand Palace complex in Bangkok, Wat Phra Kaew houses the revered Emerald Buddha, a meticulously carved jade statue. The temple’s architecture is a dazzling display of intricate details, vibrant colors, and mythical figures. It stands as a testament to Thailand’s cultural and artistic heritage.
6. Borobudur, Indonesia: Rising from the lush landscapes of Central Java, Borobudur is the world’s largest Buddhist temple. Dating back to the 9th century, it features nine stacked platforms adorned with 504 Buddha statues and over 2,600 relief panels. The sunrise view from Borobudur is a mystical experience that attracts pilgrims and tourists alike.
7. Golden Temple (Harmandir Sahib), India: Located in Amritsar, Punjab, the Golden Temple is a sacred site for Sikhs. The temple’s architecture is a blend of Hindu and Islamic styles, and the gilded dome is a sight to behold. The temple’s kitchen serves free meals to thousands of visitors every day, regardless of their religion or background.
To know more about travel and tourism and want us to plan your best travel experience with us call or WhatsApp at +91-9733533000 or you can visit https://www.marinetoalpine.com
Thanks for planning this wonderful trip, except for one glitch rest all were very good experience. Hotels were very nice but more than that I must say all the drivers you had provided to me were the best in their job and were very polite and humble. Once again I am thanking you for the trip , also I have shared your nos. With few of my friends , they might call u for package, please help them for the same. – Arun Iyer Posted on: 17-02-2021
I went to Bhutan for the first time, It was a good experience. Marine to Alpine staff was very good. – Angel Singh Posted on: 16-01-2020
We will consider Marine to Alpine next year again for our Sikkim and Darjeeling tour plan., it looks great. Your company really delivers what they promise, and more. we are satisfied with Bhutan trip – Shiromani Kukreti Posted on: 15-01-2020
We would like to thank "Marine to Alpine Pvt Ltd" team for arranging the best trip for us in Bhutan – Anju Pramanick Posted on: 23-10-2019